The mid-size home speaker with stereo sound.
- Versatile. Fits perfectly in tall and narrow, or short and wide spaces.
- Stereo sound. Intense and immersive, with surprisingly deep bass for a speaker its size.
- Vertical or horizontal, the sound is always amazing.
- Two PLAY:3s work as Sonos home cinema rear speakers.
- Wall or stand-mountable.
- Set up over Wi-fi
- Start with any room, add on later
- control with one app
Everything you need to know about the Sonos Play:3
Like the Play:5, the Play:3 is an all-in-one that combines a network music client, amp and speakers, making it simple to add an extra zone to an existing Sonos system (or start a new one).
The Play:3 also has an impressively consistent tonal range, so nothing
sticks out more than it should, although it is worth experimenting with the
‘Loudness’ option – close to a wall it will create some boominess, but in free
space it’s a great way to get extra weight.
And talking of positioning, the fact that the Play:3 can be oriented vertically
or horizontally means it will fit in almost any space.
It even senses which way it’s orientated and automatically adjusts the EQ
for maximum dispersion – and this thing will fill a room far better than you
- Three Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the three dedicated speaker drivers and the acoustic architecture.
- One tweeter creates a crisp and clear high-frequency response.
- Two mid-woofers deliver stereo sound and ensure you’ll hear the faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass.
- A bass radiator provides deep, clean, and surprisingly powerful bass from such a small package.
- Adjustable bass and treble controls let you customise your sound by individual room or groups of rooms.
- Dimensions – H x W x D 5.2 x 10.6 x 6.3 in. (132 x 268 x 160 mm).
- Weight 5.71 lbs. (2.6 kg).
- Product finish White with light metallic grille; black with graphite grille.
- Top-panel buttons & lights Volume and Play/Pause buttons. LED indicates Sonos component status and mute status.
- Threaded mount 1/4 in. (6.35 mm) / 20-threaded mounting socket. Works with standard wall mounts and speaker stands.
Power & Networking
- Power supply Auto-switching 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz AC universal input.
- WiFi, not Bluetooth Connects to your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4 GHz broadcast-capable router for uninterrupted wireless streaming.
- Ethernet port One 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port. Wire directly to your router to operate your Sonos if WiFi is unstable, or use the Ethernet port to provide Internet accessibility to non-wireless devices if you’re using BOOST setup.