- Fills a large room with pure, brilliant sound.
- Bold. Pure. Dynamic. Intense. With deep bass that packs a punch.
- Uncompromised sound whether vertical or horizontal.
- Convenient, ultra-responsive top panel touch controls.
- Line-in. Plug in any device you want.
- Set up over Wi-fi
- Start with any room, add on later
- control with one app
Everything you need to know about the Sonos Play:5
Step up to the all-new PLAY:5; the powerfully smart speaker that fine-tunes its sound to bring you all the energy and emotion the artist packed into the original recording. Music that’s pure, ferocious, tasty and true.
Every detail of the PLAY:5 has been meticulously engineered to make listening to digital music simpler, more immersive and more satisfying. It combines six smartly synchronized drivers with innovative, room-adapting TRUEPLAY tuning to deliver sound that’s true to the music and right for the room.
Each instrument, each voice, every detail shines through, pure and precise. With remarkably distinct clarity. And zero audible distortion. Even when you crank it up loud. Really loud.
- Six Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the six dedicated speaker drivers and the acoustic architecture.
- Three tweeters create the crispest and clearest high-frequency response.
- Three mid-woofers ensure you’ll hear the faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass—without distortion, even at high volumes.
- Phased speaker array (three drivers on top and three on the bottom) create a wide stereo soundstage that directs the sound left, right, and centre.
- Audio line-in. An auto-detecting 3.5 mm connection.
- Adjustable bass and treble controls let you customise your sound by individual room or groups of rooms.
- Dimensions – H x W x D 8.03 x 14.33 x 6.06 in. (203 x 364 x 154 mm).
- Weight 14 lbs. (6.36 kg).
- Product finish White with light metallic grille; black with graphite grille.Touch-interface controls & lights Capacitive touch controls for volume up/down, previous/next track, and play/pause. LED indicates Sonos component status and mute status.
- Microphones Two built-in microphones to enable future enhancements of Trueplay tuning.
Power & Networking
- Power supply Auto-switching 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz AC universal input.
- WiFi, not Bluetooth Connects to your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4 GHz broadcast-capable router for uninterrupted wireless streaming.
- Ethernet port One 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port. Wire directly to your router to operate your Sonos if WiFi is unstable, or use the Ethernet port to provide Internet accessibility to non-wireless devices if you’re using BOOST setup.